At Dundee Internet Services, Inc, we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services, and websites, offered by Dundee Internet Services, Inc.
This privacy statement is designed to help you understand how we use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us. This privacy statement describes the practices of Dundee Internet Services, Inc.
Information is collected in various ways. Information we collect is used to answer technical support issues, fill orders, issue referral credits, invoice accounts, update records, and analyze the efficiency of our services, including list services, web services, internet connection services, and email services. We do not sell, share or rent this information to anyone. Access to collected or given information is limited to the actual customer (such as access to their list subscribers) and the Dundee Internet Service representative responsible for the area that access is needed (accounting, technical support, sales, etc)
Our values are confirmed by our practices by the nature of our list product(s) which is based on permission-based contact. Be assured we handle the personal information you entrust to us with the highest regard.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us through our website or write to us at Dundee Internet Services, PO BOX 102, Dundee MI 48131.
Information we collect and how we use it:
The information you provide – When you sign up for a Dundee Internet service that requires registration by phone or an order form online or in person, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, Company name, email address and at times an account password). For some services, such as web hosting and list hosting, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We request this information so that we can answer your pre-sales questions, inform you of important company or product news, fulfill your orders, and provide ongoing product support. We store this personally-identifiable information on our own secure servers, and we retain it for our permanent company records.
- By filling out an online order form we record your name, company, email address and phone number.
- If you choose to subscribe to one of our company-sponsored email lists, we record your email address.
- With all service subscribers, we record your name, company, emails address, phone number, and accounting and billing information.
- Additionally, if you are a list subscriber to a third party list that is hosted by Dundee Internet when you open an email announcement you receive through our server, we may record that event and/or any URLs when you click on or within the message received. This information is available to the “list owner” as described in our list hosting contract(s) with them.
- We may record which pages you visited on our website
- If you choose to submit an emailed tech support question, your question may become part of a publicly-available archive of tech support questions and answers. Your name and email address are kept confidential in our internal, restricted-access archive of tech support questions and answers.
All information we request is used to answer your pre-sales questions, inform you of important company or product news fulfill your orders, and provide ongoing product support. Personally-identifiable information is filed in paper form in a locked secure office. On the computer, information is stored on our own secure servers, which we retain for our permanent company records.
The non-personally-identifiable information collected includes information that is typically collected by the internet including weblogs, browser and processor type, IP address, and the Web site visited statistics. We may also track the pages visited on our site. We use this information in aggregate to understand our visitors better and to learn which sections of our site are most and least popular. We store this information on our own secure server which may be replaced by more recent data at irregular intervals.
At times prospective customers request references of existing customers. In such cases, we may contact you for permission to provide your name as a reference. We will not divulge your contact information without first receiving your explicit permission to do so.
When you use Dundee Internet Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. These logs (known as server logs) may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send an email or other communication to Dundee Internet Services, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Affiliated sites and other Links:
We offer some of our services in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Dundee Internet Services, in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
How can you update your personal information that we retain?
As a customer, it is your responsibility to inform a Dundee Internet Representative of any changes to your contact information. If you subscribe to our mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the footer of the mailing list’s email message.
Your company name:
With certain services, such as Web and List hosting, successful promotion in the worldwide marketplace depends on self-promotion. We do post a list of selected customers on our website for this purpose. If you purchase a Dundee Internet service per contract with us, we may include your company’s name on the appropriate Web site. This listing will also include a link to your company’s homepage, if applicable. You can request to not be included in such listings by contacting us. If you prefer that we do not list your company, please call us at (888) 222-8485 or send email to email@example.com and we will remove your company’s name from the list.
Information for all Dundee Internet List Hosting customers:
If we host your email list(s), you entrust us with your list information, including passwords, list membership, and message content. Once we set up your list we will only access your list’s administrative interface when you ask a technical question or when we are alerted there is a possible problem.
Please note that we do not sell, rent, or trade your list information to anyone. Only employees of Dundee Internet Services who are responsible for supporting our List Hosting customers are granted access to the lists we host.
Exceptions to this include:
The need to release or transfer data in a few, special circumstances, when:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, spamming, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
- If you decide to terminate your hosted list(s), we will erase your list membership once you have settled all outstanding invoices and have secured a copy for yourself. In addition, the servers we use for List Hosting are protected to attempt to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders.